Other Great Ways to Prepare Cache Lake™ Foods.
Give the following ideas a try. We think you’ll like them.
- Serve our soup or our Wild Rice Salad along with any of our tasty Fryin’ Pan Breads. It’s guaranteed that these two in combination will fill up even the heartiest of appetites.
- Have left over bacon from breakfast? Add it to any of the soups. It’s especially tasty in the cream soups.
- Chunks of smoked sausage taste great in any of the soups, especially the Wild Rice Vegetable.
- Great dessert idea! Prepare any of the Scone mixes. Then slice each scone in half and fill with any of our Quick and Tasty Puddings. (ie: Blueberry Scones w/Quick and Tasty Vanilla Pudding or Cranberry Scones w/ Quick and Tasty Lemon Cream Pudding.)
- Chunks of chicken breast added to Creamy Wild Rice Asparagus or Cream of Wild Rice soup is so good.
- Of course chunks of fish added to Creamy Fish Chowder make the chowder. No fish? It’s great alone or with any packaged sausage or meat.
- Adding pouched chicken or salmon to Wild Rice Salad makes a fantastic meal.
- Add nuts and/or dried cranberries to either of the Wild Rice Salads.
- Add trail mix, granola, or dried fruit or nuts to the Quick & Tasty Puddings.
- Use the Tex Mex Egg Scramble + one of the bean based Tortilla Fillings for a breakfast burrito.
- Add one of the vegetables or vegetable blends to Really Cheesy Mac ‘n Cheese.
- Try making bread on a stick. Decrease the amount of water when making a Fryin’ Pan Bread so that the batter is thicker. Wrap the batter around a stick and “roast” over an open fire … best to do over hot coals so as not to burn it!
ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO PREPARE OUR PRODUCTS – Quicker Cooking Soup
Soak the wild rice for 6-8 hours prior to cooking. Cook for ten minutes.
Our soups and salads are great just as they are, but we invite you to use your imagination and our products to create new and exciting meals on the trail as well as at home. Give it a try and send us your best recipes.